On the quality and effectiveness of spinners
Rotating baits are among the most reliable and versatile bait for catching predatory fish in open water. They are effective both in periods of relative beskle and in the active zhor, in almost all water bodies inhabited by predatory fish. Many fishermen have a question: Why are rotating spinners often more catchy than “wobblers”? Although the latter are clearly copied from a living analogue, they look more natural and, in theory, should arouse much greater interest in the predator than it is unclear what resembling, constantly flashing creations of technical progress. But let's look at everything in order. Rotating spinner creates the same oscillatory circuit, which attracts fish that is located at a considerable distance from the bait. Only “rotators” that spread around themselves vibration and fields coinciding with the bioelectric field of an escaping wounded fish become catchy. Moving such baits, the predator catches at a considerable distance in a radius of 5 to 20 meters and attacks fearlessly, outpacing competitors.
An experienced angler, choosing the right mode of posting, makes the spoon not only vibrate, but literally flutter, creating a complete illusion of a wounded fish. The spinningist especially clearly feels this stage of the bait game if he has a rod of high-modulus graphite with a sensor reel in his hands.
The quality of the spoon can be judged by the presence of four main parameters:
– vibration, luring the fish during the rotation of the petal and the elements of the snap core (lure sounds);
– magnetic field arising during the rotation of the petal;
– a game that attracts fish at different wiring intensity;
– in form and coloring, not necessarily coinciding with a living analogue, but causing a predator heightened interest in lure.
In most rivers and reservoirs of central Russia, the transparency of the water is very limited (within 0.8 meters), so the fish detects a potential victim, primarily with the help of the lateral line organs, so the spinners are out of competition.
The range of baits of interest to fish is inexhaustible. How and at what the fish takes at the moment of catching, and which lures they prefer, is always determined only by experience. This, of course, has its pros and cons. But nevertheless, there is a certain rule based on the long-term practice of fishing by trial and error. In shallow water bodies without a current, fish prefers spinners with high frontal resistance (the angle of maximum opening of the petal is up to 60-70 degrees). In fishing slang, because of the considerable resistance that occurs during posting, such spinners are called stubborn (favorite spinners of small and medium perch and medium-sized pike). Fish often reacts to the rapid rotation of the petal with a relatively sluggish wiring.
When the water temperature is below 10 ° C, predators even in the period of activity hunt for sluggish, easily accessible live bait (perch, rotan, crucian carp, loach, loach). Therefore, to persistent spinners with frequent rotation of the petal (a classic example of Aglia from Mepps), as well as to lures passing by at high speed, reacts poorly. The best lures in such a period of catching a vibrator are, and from rotating ones, spinners with sluggish petal rotation and a deviation angle from the axis of no more than 30-40 °, carried out at the lowest possible speed or, as they say, on the verge of “breaking” the petal. In practice, even in shallow peatlands in late autumn, the pike is excellent on spinners with an elongated willow leaf petal and ignores spinners with a rounded petal of the Colorado type.
Each spinner has its own purpose or area of limited use. If you are going to catch a stream, then most often the best results can be achieved by applying the following lures when posting:
– Colorado type petal – throwing upstream, a game of demolition, fishing of shallow-water areas of the reservoir or in the case when the predator is kept in the upper layers of water;
– “willow leaf” type petal – casting in all directions, fishing in bottom layers;
– hybrid petal (type Comet from Mepps or Vip from Muran) – multi-purpose use under various fishing conditions.
Usually, a spinningist, having tried dozens or even hundreds of lures, begins to realize that the choice of quality baits is not so great and the leaders, in most cases, will be our old friends, well-proven models of well-known companies (Mepps, Muran, Blue Fox, Silver Creek , Ilba, Yakima, etc.).
Universal lures, suitable for various conditions of fishing, – units, and among the rotating ones there are none. Therefore, it is foolish to use the spoon in situations in which, according to its technical characteristics, it obviously cannot be applied. Although, let's consider on the subject of universality one of the most popular among anglers is the lure of the Aglia series by Mepps. Despite the fact that the baits of this series are very popular with pike and perch, and the latter go after them, as if spellbound, they cannot be called universal for the following reasons:
1. the lure is not intended for catching in the current, because as a result of its design it cannot overcome the resistance of the water flows and quickly turns on the surface;
2. the lure of this series is difficult to throw further than 30 meters due to the large sail;
3. equipping Aglia or Comet series spinners with additional nose load results in the loss of an effective game, sharply reducing the angle of rotation of the petal (the spinner was not originally designed for additional loading);
4. in case the predator is at the bottom, the spinning specialist spends too much time waiting for the bait to go down to the desired horizon. Therefore, to bring such a lure into the pit and keep it there at least for a short period of time is very difficult, but possible;
5. when fishing for this bait, it is impossible to dramatically increase the speed of the wiring, since in this case the core begins to vibrate or even sway, which leads to frequent disruptions in the game (unstable rotation and periodic lobe failures);
6. wide scope of the petal during a weak bite prevents the predator from grasping, touching the mouth. As a result, the angler is forced to switch to smaller spinners with all the ensuing consequences (the situation is worse
only when using homemade spinners with a fixed petal, in which he does not even touch the mouth of a predator, but rather hits it. It would seem that by listing these long-known facts, what good can be said about this bait? And only that Aglia is an excellent spoon, for shallow reservoirs without a current. The qualities of this spinner are perfectly combined with the pricing policy, which allows the spoon to be in demand.
authors: Pyshkov, Smirnov
The most catching spinning spinners and wobblers
. (tagsToTranslate) fishing site (t) fishing site (t) site for fishermen (t) fishing reports (t) fishing secrets (t) spinning (t) fishing (t) fishing (t) winter fishing (t) carp fishing (t) fishing articles (t) summer fishing (t) bait (t) bait