The key to success in carp fishing is not only the right time and weather conditions for fishing, but also carefully, according to the rules mounted gear .
Special attention should be paid to the choice of hooks, because they provide a notch fish and save from these unpleasant things, like gathering in the process of playing, while remaining invisible to the fish in the process of biting.
- Types of hooks for carp and carp
- Features carp hooks
- Stinger hook
- The beard of the hook
- Long or short shank hook
- The bend of the hook
- Ring or spade
- The company manufacturers. Top 5 firms of hooks for carp fishing/carp
- Choose a hook size for carp/carp
- How to bind the hook?
- Trombone loop
- What is the process of Slobodskaya carp?
- What else to pay attention?
- Useful video
Types of hooks for carp and carp
Exist as generic types of carp hooks, and the model made to take account of certain features of fishing – for example, the bottom surface of the reservoir and availability of vegetation used baits and tackle, as well as the size of fish and activity bites.
Distinguish the following types of carp hooks:
- Wide Gap. Classic hook, which tip slightly curved inside for a comfortable fishing in waters with abundant bottom vegetation, and prevent its premature wear when fishing on the rocky bottom.
- Banana. This model has a long curved handguard, shaped like a banana. The main feature – great zachecanie carp, but it is also a disadvantage, as due to the length of the lever, the probability of rupture of the lip of a carp or the bend of the hook even with a moderate effort. Often anglers sportsmen refuse from this model, because I believe that “banana” is too traumatic for the carp.
- Long Shank. A model that also has the long handguard, but it is, unlike the previous model, direct. Well pinpoint carp, and often it ‘s lower lip, but has the same disadvantages that are inherent in the “banana” – easily injure the fish, tearing her lip and susceptible to fracture.
- Curve Shank. Universal model with widely curved handguard mid-length. Suitable for both sinking and floating baits. Special convenient for the nozzle a few boilies on the hook.
- Short Shank. A hook having a short handguard and a little prying. Used in difficult conditions of fishing among snags, abundant vegetation and rocky bottom. This model allows to avoid frequent snags for foreign objects and keeps sharpening the edge, but has the attendant drawback – a form somewhat reduces the effectiveness of the sweeps.
Features carp hooks
Depending on the characteristics of the sting, beard, forearm, a bend, ring or spatula, and also coloring it is possible to choose a hook for carp fishing that will be more efficient in each case.
To date, there are carp hooks with a straight or a curved inside blade, and curved outwards and almost never used.
Both options have approximately the same popularity, however the sting, curved inside longer retains its sharpness when fishing in difficult conditions with a higher probability of a hook for foreign objects. Many anglers believe that the inside curved tip provides a more reliable hook carp.
The most important characteristic when choosing a stinger hook for carp fishing is its sharpness. To check it simply – it is necessary to hold the tip on the nail plate at an angle, in the position in which he will be expected to detect fish. If the hook clings in the nail plate, leaving a groove, so the sharpness of the hook is satisfactory. If the tip glides across the nail, this product should not be used because it is not guaranteed to hook fish.
Important! When choosing a hook for carp fishing, if possible look at his stinger using a magnifying glass. It should not have any chips, burrs or irregularities, and to be sharp and smooth. You should also periodically check on the sharpness of the hooks used and, if necessary, to change them for new ones. Sharpen the hooks yourself is not recommended, so as to achieve initial severity, according to many experienced anglers, will not work.
The beard of the hook
Some companies produce beardless hooks. The function of the barbs is that it prevents the gathering of fish during playing, although for ticks requires a somewhat greater force for penetration of the hook into the fishes lip. Therefore, beardless hooks are mainly used for sport fishing, and the products with a beard – fishermen-Amateurs. It is also believed that hooks with the missing goatee is less traumatic on the fish, which is important if you caught the carp will be released to freedom.
Long or short shank hook
For carp fishing uses hooks, and with long, and short forend. A product with a long fore-end provides the best cutting carp, but a hook is more prominent, therefore, in those waters where carp capricious , and manifests a great deal of caution, it is better to use hooks with a short forearm, because they are less visible. If carp are actively biting, it is better to use hooks with a long forearm.
Also the shank may have a different shape – flat or curved. Curved handguard provides a more rapid rotation of the hook in the mouth of the carp and its notch by pulling the leash.
The bend of the hook
For fishing with floating baits, as well as in the”zig-rig” are mainly used hooks with a wide bend.
This design provides a more quality a notch thanks to a greater area of capture of the tissue of the lips of the carp, which prevents the gathering of fish as a result of open lips.
However, the wide bend increases the likelihood of fracture of the hook for catching trophy large specimens. Products with a narrow bend more durable.
Ring or spade
When fishing on the feeder , and also with the use of floats is more appropriate to use the hooks with a shovel, because this design provides a product of lower weight and promotes a more natural flow nozzle that activates the nibble fish. However, some variants of gear for catching carp , for example flat method, tooling Gardner, the use of hair snap, can’t be done with hooks with a spatula, so apply the product with a ring.
Coating hooks Teflon, bronze or Nickel not only have a camouflage function, but also protect the product from corrosion when exposed to adverse factors of environment. Also, some firms claim that the smooth finish provides better turning of the hook in mouth of fish and, consequently, more effective cut, however, many anglers see this as a marketing ploy.
These coatings are often color in dark colors – black or dark green, however, there are other options. To choose a specific color need, based on the dominant colors of the environment in a particular water body – with a dark soil at the bottom without vegetation it is better to use hooks black color, and the abundance of vegetation it is possible to apply dark green hooks.
How to choose the right hook
The company manufacturers. Top 5 firms of hooks for carp fishing/carp
As in any other industry, there are manufacturers of hooks for carp fishing, which is recognized by most anglers as a benchmark in quality products.
The most popular of the following manufacturers:
The Japanese firm, founded in 1955. The first samples of hooks made by hand, and in 1963 was made the automation of production. The company produces hooks as for marineand for freshwater fishing, including targeted for the European market carp hooks.
Products are made from high carbon steel, undergo two stages of sharpening – mechanical and chemical.
Company Gamakatsu attributed to the primacy of the invention of the folded inside the sting of the hook.
The Japanese firm, which over four decades has been supplying the market a wide range of fishing products, including high quality carp hooks with a patented sharpening Cutting Point where the tip of the hook is a triangular like a samurai sword. The principle of the company is a highly specialized production, in which for each type of fishing any kind of fish made a model of hooks.
Japanese manufacturer of fishing products and accessories, which is one of the first registered official representation in Russia, becoming the ancestor of modern carp fishing. Included in the three leading companies in the world to manufacture fishhooks.
Founded in 1967 in the UK , the company today is about 3000 items in range of products in over 30 countries, including Russia, Japan and the United States, particular niche which is carp fishing.
The Japanese manufacturer, producing carp hooks in the middle price segment, which makes them quite attractive ratio quality/price. The hooks are made by stamping , followed by chemical sharpening of the tip. The products have sufficiently high strength, allowing you to draw out even trophy fish carp on small hooks, and quite democratic price excludes the influx of fakes.
Choose a hook size for carp/carp
Hook size for carp fishing choose based on your tips:
- No. 1 — No. 2 – when fishing for gnocchi, pasta or meat, shellfish and potatoes .
- No. 4 – when fishing on plant tips – corn , beans. Also number 4 is used when fishing with maggots.
- No. 6 – for nozzles of larger grains of corn, peas and barley.
- No. 8 – for fishing on the larger wheat or peas, and when the nozzle beams maggots.
Attention! When fishing the worm on the hook size should be chosen based on the amount of bait. Large Nightcrawlers onto number 2, ordinary earthworms at # 4, but for the manure worm is better to use No. 6.
When fishing on boilies hook size is chosen as follows – one third or half of the diameter of the used Boyle should be equal to the distance between the forearm and the sting of the hook.
How to bind the hook?
To snap hooks are used in the following types of nodes:
One of the most simple and universal nodes, which allows you to bind the product and with the lug, and with the spatula. Is performed by the following algorithm:
Classic unit used for products with ears.
Suitable for all types of woods, including Moody enough to the nodes flurocarbons.
Important! When using flurocarbon fishing line, remember that having an increased rigidity, it can come loose over time. So when tying knots it is recommended to use at least 7-8 loops for the required reliability of the node.
Fishing knots for hooks: scheme of the weave
What is the process of Slobodskaya carp?
When samopoczucie carp pinpoint yourself from the angler is not required no additional action in the form of cuttings. The text of Sullivan the principle of operation of many sprain and “nipple”Nastya – Maksatikha, springs and “nipple” , feeder flat feeder , banjo.
Slobodskaya carp when this happens in the following way:
What else to pay attention?
Choosing hooks for carp fishing, you should pay attention to the following features:
- Great importance is the material from which made the hook. He must go meet the heat treatment, hardened to provide maximum durability of the product – it must not stretch or break before applying maximum force. It is therefore important to buy the original branded products, avoiding counterfeits.
- The color of the hook should match the color of the environment in a particular body of water do not induce clearI have a cautious carp.
- When fishing for carp use a special shrink, worn on the forearm at the location of the site to improve seapilot hooks. Wearing shrink facilitates the turning of the hook in the mouth of the carp tip down. Correct installation of shrink tubing just checked – located on the palm with the hook attachment if patzke needs to be turned tip down and cling to the palm.
- When fishing a pond you should carefully inspect first caught carp to pay attention to the notch, in order to verify the correctness of the chosen size of hook and mounting gear.
A more detailed analysis of types of hooks for carp.