Fishing in enclosed bodies of water (“peat bogs”)
I will not dwell on the specifics of “peat bogs” in detail, I would like to draw readers' attention to only one nuance: a definite catch is already laid in the definition of “peat bogs”. In the common sense, “peat bog” is a small artificial reservoir or a network of branched reservoirs, interconnected by channels, formed as a result of peat extraction. The difference between such reservoirs is a specific, dark brown, sometimes almost black color of water and a shallow depth.
The statement that large pikes are caught on a massive wobbler in reservoirs of central Russia is true by 20%. Even in individual lakes of the Meshchersky Territory (Veliky Island, Kriushi Island, Negar Island, Ryabinovka Island), individual individuals reach a weight of 10 or more kilograms, and 4-5 kg - the weight of an ordinary pike. It would seem that nothing costs a hungry giant to grab a kilogram bait. But who said that in a lake oversaturated with tall fish species (mainly perch), the pike is hungry? In practice, most trophy specimens are tempted by banana-shaped wobblers weighing up to 12 g and Crank wobblers with a rattle weighing 10 g. And a pike weighing up to 1 kg confidently and eagerly takes on more dimensional and massive baits. But such lakes are rather a pleasant exception from a long series of reservoirs, where pike rarely exceed a weight barrier of 3-4 kg.
Having tried dozens of different designs, from ultralight to heavy models of various companies, and trying to take into account many factors that, it seems, should positively influence the predilections of “toothy”, I came to the following, unexpected for myself, conclusions:
– best of all, a pike takes on light wobblers weighing up to 4 g, imitating the game, shape, size and color of a year-old fry of roach, pike, rotan, loach;
– since the middle of summer, when the water temperature at night exceeds 18 ° C, the pike becomes the main food of the pike, which is best imitated by light wobblers – suspensions;
– banana-shaped wobblers of the Nils Master type, sometimes with a high-contrast color (wobblers are provocateurs) help out the whole season through open water;
– The most unstable baits include wobblers – poppers. Of the vast number of these models, no more than one or two normally work, and even then with varying success. Inactive pike, despite all the efforts of the angler, rarely attacks a wobbler that has fallen or is floundering on the surface. The “toothy” catch is determined even during the fall of the bait on the water and is very rarely tempted by it.
An elementary conclusion suggests itself: throughout the entire fishing season, the pike more readily takes on light wobblers. Someone may ask, but how to solve the main fishing issues:
– Delivery of light wobblers to the depth.
– Casting range.
– Survival of large specimens by weight.
As already mentioned, reservoirs with a depth of up to 3 m are considered. When posting wobblers with a depth of 1.2-1.5 m, the most promising fishing areas are caught.
The fact that spinning should be a lightweight class with fast action – no one doubts. But how to solve the problem with the dough without reducing the strength properties of the rod? Naturally, for wobblers, the average weight of which is 4 g, rods with tests 3-14 are quite suitable; 4-16; etc. Fishing line – ideally with a diameter of 0, 18 to 0, 22mm. I catch only on monofilament. I have a negative attitude towards braids. How to go out on a three-kilogram pike with such tackle? The solution to many problems prompted the design of some light wobblers. Inside their case there is a narrow tunnel along which a metal ball runs (it also creates a rattle effect), which, when cast, moves into the tail of the bait and it flies, like Magnetik, tail forward. Naturally, the wobbler is not equipped with a long-range casting magnetic system. Such a simple device, on average, increases the casting range by 2-5 m and allows you to use spinning with a test of 5-21 and even 5-25 of fast formation and fishing line with a diameter of 0.22-0.25 mm. And this, coupled with a balanced reel, is already a formidable tool for pike fishing. And the fact that baits sometimes do not reach the maximum possible distance when fishing from a boat does not play a decisive role.
A leash when fishing for pike on light wobblers is necessary, and its length should be at least 120 mm, as wobblers sometimes have to be pulled out of the depths of the pike's mouth. On a leash, fasteners of a minimum size are installed to prevent possible hooks. Criteria for selecting light wobblers:
– Light models up to 4.5 g should have a characteristic fractional, not sweeping game in the horizontal plane (the exact opposite of Nils Master). But do not forget that our object of hunting is an insidious predator, courageous, with extraordinary behavior and at the same time curious.
– When posting a catchy wobbler visually through a spinning rod, as well as “by eye”, it should be clearly visible that with an increase in the revolutions of the coil, the oscillation frequency sharply increases, and the amplitude decreases. It seems that there is nothing unusual in this (elementary laws of physics), but for many light wobblers this happens with some delay, inertia, and this is a serious drawback.
– A good wobbler attracts the attention of pikes at different speeds, especially when it resonates with the tip of the rod. For comparison: floating wobblers of the Original type from Rapala are not capable of this. They have one or two wiring speeds effective – slow and with light acceleration.
Wobblers of Asian firms, especially light ones, are better not to take for fishing, because when they accelerate, they get into chaotic hanging out with a complete loss of the game. A specialist, even in the bathroom, is able to distinguish by the number of vibrations and the quality of the game a light, catchy wobbler from a wobbler – an extras. At the same time, no pronounced technical defects can be found in branded lures.
With slightly shallow wobblers, you can not constantly change the horizon or level of wiring (weak or sick fish never move like that). It is possible to deepen or raise the bait during posting only after passing the wobbler in one plane for at least 2-3 m. Despite the fact that the pike of wobblers is practically not afraid of large deep-diving models, when they are meaninglessly worn in the water column, it is rarely tempted. Wobblers with this wiring simulate large active fish, which are rarely chased even by a hungry predator. "Toothy" almost always prefers an active game of a wobbler, but at low speeds. When catching with suspenders, the pike is attracted by a sharp stop of the bait after several meters of quick winding of the fishing line. After waiting for the bait to freeze in the water column (the immersion depth of light suspensions is about 1.5 m), the wiring is resumed.
When fishing on floating models, the bait is carried out at an average pace, periodically giving it acceleration. The rate of posting is selected experimentally on the pond. For example, very often the pike reacts only to the slowest movements of the wobbler in the water column with periodic ascent to the surface. Floating wobblers and suspensions attract the pike with varying success. Active pike often attack floating models, sluggish – suspension. When fishing with lightweight wobblers, an important point can be traced: when posting a wobbler at a distance of 20 m, you need to make one or two interceptions of the rod, while changing the trajectory of the bait and increasing the similarity of the wobbler to the runaway fish, which provokes the pike to an active grip.
If a fisherman catches on wobblers of Asian origin, it is necessary to correct the movement of the bait in the thickness constantly both in the horizontal and in the vertical plane. If you persistently give preference to floating Rapala (minnov) models, or you simply don’t have others, then you can artificially divide the control of the wobbler into three main tricks:
– sharply after casting, having deepened the floating wobbler, it is as if they are beginning to swing it with a spinning rod in the horizontal plane – left and right and vice versa;
– if the shy or sweeping game of the wobbler in the horizontal plane did not lead to anything, they change the movement of the bait in the vertical plane. Raising the spinning up, the wobbler is forced to “peck” with its nose, after which they stop the reeling, causing the bait to emerge;
– we combine the first and second methods of fishing with periodic support of the bait by spinning. Lures weighing from 10 gs with a diving depth of up to 2.5 m after a sharp deepening respond to moderate rod movements during the winding of the fishing line, additionally attracting a predator.
At depths of up to 3-5 meters, it is easier for a pike from a shelter to rush for small things up. This is facilitated by the structure of the body and the location of the eyes of the pike, perfectly distinguishing prey on the surface of the water. And the buoyancy force in this case is on the side of the predator. Therefore, on a site with a depth of 1 to 3 m, the most effective is the posting in the upper layers of water with a periodic exit of the bait to the surface.
. (tagsToTranslate) fishing site (t) fishing site (t) website for fishermen (t) fishing reports (t) fishing secrets (t) spinning (t) fishing (t) fishing (t) winter fishing (t) carp fishing (t) fishing articles (t) summer fishing (t) bait (t) head