It must be said right away that the best examples of these popular lures in the last ten years have undergone revolutionary and capital changes. Firstly, their functionality has greatly increased: lures sharply added in all components of fishing. Secondly, modern models have finally got rid of the characteristic flaws inherent in the samples of past years, poorly expressed game, insufficient casting distance. As a result of this, the criteria for evaluating (selecting) a quality wobbler have changed dramatically. And to the majority of the baits that have helped us out over the years, unfortunately, the word “retro” has been added. But the question immediately arises: what does the concept of “best samples” include and what is the fundamental difference between a quality wobbler and all others?
According to the authors, the following parameters became the hallmark of a modern wobbler:
– a game of interest to the fish at different speeds and posting options, or the jerking movement of the twitching model;
– long casting system;
– noise (acoustic) camera;
– persistent holographic coloration (including a voluminous eye);
– high-quality tees and rings;
– 100 percent interchangeability.
It is the presence of these components that determines the degree of quality of the wobbler, its market price and value for the fisherman. With their successful combination and complement each other, the wobbler becomes an irresistible bait. But such ideal combinations are rare even in very popular models of well-known companies. At the same time, the presence of a “filling”, an attractive look and shape, of course, speaks volumes and often plays an important role when buying. But the main thing for the wobbler is his game in natural conditions, that is, until one or another model is tested on a reservoir, it is impossible to say anything definite about it. Moreover, dozens of firms produce high-quality wobblers, therefore, there are hundreds of models and it is foolish to think that they all belong to the category of catchy ones.
Even if we cut off fakes and a certain percentage of marriage, as well as part of the unsuccessful models found by well-known companies, the general conclusion will be as follows: there are not only a lot of good wobblers per capita, but a lot, and single out unique ones suitable for different conditions fishing, not given to anyone. Therefore, in this part of the book, for concreteness, only very high-quality, according to the authors, wobblers for fishing in small rivers and lakes in central Russia with a maximum depth of 2 m are considered. In no case should you be afraid of the geography of the place and fishing conditions in question. On the contrary, on baits that have proven themselves in "knocked out" rivers and lakes, you can successfully fish anywhere in the world. Nevertheless, one cannot ignore the very definition of what a catchy wobbler is. According to the author, a catchy wobbler is a bait that in a specific place under certain conditions (weather, water color, its temperature, etc.) actively provokes fish to a snap, or simply catches. Of course, there is visual selection.
Catch Wobbler Selection Criteria
Light models up to 4.5 g should have a characteristic fractional, and sometimes sweeping, game in the horizontal plane. When posting a catchy wobbler visually through a spinning rod, as well as “by eye”, it should be clearly visible that with an increase in the revolutions of the coil, the oscillation frequency sharply increases, and the amplitude decreases. It seems that there is nothing unusual in this (elementary laws of physics), but for many light wobblers this happens with some delay, inertia, and this is a serious drawback. A good wobbler attracts the attention of fish at different speeds, especially when it resonates with the tip of the rod. For comparison: floating wobblers of the Original type from Rapala are incapable of this. They have one or two wiring speeds, from slow to wiring with slight acceleration. Wobblers of Asian firms, especially light ones, are better not to take fishing, because when they accelerate, they get into chaotic hanging out with a complete loss of the game. Wobblers, unlike spinners, act on fish both as a strong irritant and as an object of hunting, which has a great resemblance to the daily prey of a predator.
A specialist, even in a bath, is able to distinguish an ultralight catchy wobbler from a wobbler – an extras by the number of vibrations and the quality of the game. At the same time, visually pronounced technical defects can not be found in branded lures. But with sharp wiring, the catchy wobbler must play stably in its wiring horizon, moving like a thread, shy from side to side and exit to the surface is unacceptable. However, it is difficult to budge. It seems that he stuck or stuck in the water column (manual wiring in the water tank).
Price and quality
The price of high-quality wobblers ranges from 500 to 2000 rubles (depending on the manufacturer), which, of course, is not affordable for everyone. And at the same time, every serious manufacturing company produces wobblers of the so-called economy class, the price of which is 30-40% lower, so it is simply silly to demand outstanding results from these models. A typical example of a wobbler is Daiwa Bass Hunter. The lures have an excellent game, they help the fisherman in almost all situations, but at the same time they have a short-lived coating and quickly peel off during fishing, losing their presentation. Yes, and a blade with a strong impact on a tree in economical option wobblers will break faster. But these are trifles – the main thing is that the lure perfectly catches fish. There are wobblers for which it is extremely difficult to adapt to the game, but without experience fishing with similar models is impossible. And, nevertheless, these baits at certain periods perfectly catch fish. Although, without a doubt, models with satisfactory quality are found even among Chinese wobblers.
Exotic look and catchiness
Here I have the right to ask a question: are all the wobblers sold in Russia, but developed in Japan, Australia, the USA, adapted to our fishing conditions? But the question can be posed differently: are the wobblers (sometimes very exotic species) of these countries alarming our fish? The answer is very simple. A good wobbler (with the right balance and a well-functioning game) attracts all the fish that turn out to be from it when posting in the immediate vicinity. With absolute certainty we can say that the Japanese wobbler, refusing to fish in Europe, will prove to be no better at home. And in a curious pike, in general, an increased tendency to small-sized wobblers of an exotic species was noticed, whose living counterparts it just did not meet.
In this chapter, we are talking only about lightweight playing lobed wobblers designed for delicate wiring in the water column or closer to the surface.
About the color of the bait
Sixty percent of wobblers when fishing in clear water, the temperature of which is less than 14 ° C, should correspond to the color of the main predator prey, but be somewhat brighter and more spectacular. An exception is early spring, when even in bodies of light water the predator temporarily reacts to baits of dark colors. The remaining 40% are wobblers of a wide variety of colors, including those that take into account the individual properties of the reservoir. In early summer, late autumn, when fishing in clear water, the external resemblance to simulated fish should be complete.
The color gamut of wobblers and its effect on the activity of the bite will be examined using the example of pike. The pike has good eyesight and sometimes draws attention to the smallest nuances of colors, although the main thing for any bait is its game, and the lure in this case only confirms the general rule. The coloring of bait and pike appetite are not always in direct proportion. Nevertheless, there are three main points in the coloring of the bait:
– in shallow water, the pike sometimes reacts to a minimal change in the color of the bait from a living analogue. He eagerly takes, for example, a light gray wobbler, most accurately copying the color of roach in this pond, worse than silver-green and silver-blue, and almost does not take other colors on baits, which have a distant resemblance to everyday food. And generally does not take on wobblers of fancy color. At some point, “spotty” prefers wobblers painted under a perch. Such subtleties in coloring are explained by the fact that pike at certain periods are tied to one type of food, which is easier to reach and meets its culinary preferences at the time of fishing;
– during a zhor at any depth, with a weak bite at a depth of more than 2 meters, in muddy water, at night the pike do not pay attention to the color of the wobbler – only to the game;
– in ponds with dark water (mostly in peat bogs), the main pike feed, like the toothy one, is almost black in color, therefore, the predator does not respond to baits of a different color. Moreover, some paradoxes are sometimes observed. So in some lakes of the Meshchersky Krai, pike eagerly picks up light baubles (white and yellow petals), but refuses to take on bright wobblers, preferring voluminous baits to only dark tones;
– in the middle of summer, the pike sometimes actively reacts only to high-contrast wobblers of fantasy colors, perhaps it attacks them, not even taking them for food, but only out of curiosity or in order to protect its territory.
I, like other constantly experimenting fishers (many of them are), was fond of painting baits, including wobblers, phosphorus. It has long been known that phosphorus is unsafe for human health, but since light carriers on a different basis have appeared in recent years, my experience will be interesting to curious spinningists. The main recommendations for applying a light carrier can be formulated as follows:
– the fish does not take the bait, completely covered with a light carrier, under any circumstances and fishing conditions;
– when applying the light carrier on the blade and the head of the wobbler, the fish takes only at dawn and sunset, but takes it very eagerly;
– when applying the light carrier to the hooks – the effect is almost zero;
– when applying the light carrier on the head and tail, a noticeable effect was not observed;
– Of the dozens of tried options (the light carrier was applied in the form of transverse stripes (zebra), longitudinal, dotted throughout the body, points on the head and tail, etc.), only two turned out to be the best: a luminous dot on the head of the wobbler and a thin longitudinal strip (better intermittent) applied along the ridge.
At the moment, it’s just stupid to explain and prove something to someone about the device and the material from which the wobblers are made, even children know about it – it is a plastic hollow design with balancing and noise cameras built in. Only such a design provides and guarantees high-precision production of serial models without a spread of parameters. And the version that a piece of wood plays better, livelier and more natural than plastic baits was invented by manufacturers of obsolete designs from hopelessness. The beautiful tale that balsa wobblers play more naturally than plastic does not stand up to criticism. Balsa has one advantage: it is easier to make a wobbler out of it, since the lighter the specific gravity of the material, the easier it is to get the right game from it. Balsa has no other advantages. But there is a bunch of disadvantages, such as high hygroscopicity, fragility, variation in parameters, leading to a lack of interchangeability. To make wobblers from other types of wood is an even more unpromising and unnecessary task, since the disadvantages are the same, and there are no pluses at all.
. (tagsToTranslate) fishing site (t) fishing site (t) website for fishermen (t) fishing reports (t) fishing secrets (t) spinning (t) fishing (t) fishing (t) winter fishing (t) carp fishing (t) fishing articles (t) summer fishing (t) bait (t) head